Introduction Of Lab Scale Rotary Evaporator
RE-5299 rotary evaporator is a lab scale rotary evaporator, the capacity of the evaporating flask is 1L, the capacity of the receiving flask is 1L, and the rotation speed is 10-120rpm. RE-52 series lab scale rotary evaporator includes: RE-52A, RE-52C, RE-5299 three models. All three models are equipped with stainless steel water baths for water and oil bath heating. Suitable for continuous and batch distillation under normal pressure or vacuum conditions. Their advantage is that careful heat treatment of temperature-sensitive media is possible.
DLSB-5/10 low temperature coolant circulation pump
Capacity: 5L; Minimum no-load temperature: -10°C; Power 100W
SHZ-D(Ⅲ) Desktop Vacuum Pump
Capacity: 15L; Maximum vacuum: 70kpa
Features Of Lab Scale Rotary Evaporator
- The main bracket is made of stainless steel + aluminum alloy, with reasonable structure and exquisite materials.
- The sealing system is sealed with polytetrafluoroethylene and fluorine rubber, which can maintain high vacuum.
- The vacuum pressure gauge shows real-time vacuum, and the vacuum degree can reach 0.098Mpa.
- All glass parts are made of high borosilicate glass (GG-17), which is resistant to high temperature and corrosion.
- Continuous feeding is convenient for customers, and the valve-type feeding tube is sleeved with a tetrafluoroethylene tube.
- Vertical double-layer serpentine coil condenser to ensure high recovery rate, with additional material tube.
- Microcomputer ON-OFF power switch control.
- Digital display of heating bath, intelligent constant temperature control, K-type sensor to transmit temperature quickly and accurately.
- Electronic non-adjustable speed (0-120rpm), digital display of rotational speed, knob setting, easy to operate.
- Fuse protection.
- The inner pot is made of stainless steel, anti-corrosion and durable.
- Heating pot hand wheel up and down.
Applications Of Lab Scale Rotary Evaporator
Lab scale rotary evaporator is commonly used in the following experiments:
- Distillation of solvent.
- Concentration of solutions and suspensions.
- Crystallization or recrystallization.
- Synthesis and purification of fine chemicals.
- Soxhlet extraction.
- Drying of powders and granules.
- Solvent recovery.
Preparation before experiment:
- Connect the vacuum tube of the vacuum pump to the interface in the middle of the rotary evaporating condenser, and the silicone tube of the cryopump to the interfaces on both sides of the condenser
- Turn on the cryopump, first turn on circulation, then turn on refrigeration.
- Turn on the vacuum pump, start vacuuming, and pay attention to the reading of the vacuum gauge
Start to evaporate:
- Start feeding: first pump the lab scale rotary evaporator into a negative pressure state, connect the feeding valve with the sample to be added with a hose, open the valve of the feeding valve, and the sample will be directly pumped into the rotary bottle, after the feeding is completed Close the fill valve valve.
- Adjust the height of the spinner bottle so that the spinner bottle is placed in the water bath.
- Pour pure water into the bath, submerge 1/2 of the spinner bottle, and do not overflow.
- Heat the heating bath and set the temperature with the heating control located on the upper left of the control panel.
- Adjust the rotation speed. After the negative pressure is reached in the rotary steamer and the height of the rotary bottle and heating pot is adjusted properly, adjust the rotation speed to your desired speed.
After the evaporation experiment is completed:
- First turn off the “HEATER” switch to stop heating the heating bath;
- Then slowly turn the “SPEED” speed control knob to the left until it stops rotating;
- Turn on the feed inlet switch to release the internal vacuum.
- Finally turn off the vacuum pump and cryopump.
- Dismantling of the spinner bottle: After the water bath and the spinner bottle cool down, remove the bath, hold the spinner bottle, remove the clamp that fixes the spinner bottle, and remove the spinner bottle.
- Disassembly of the receiving bottle: take the receiving bottle, remove the clip, and remove the receiving bottle.
- Disposal after downtime: When not in use for a long time, please turn off and disconnect the power supply.
|Mol||Rotating Motor(W)||Water(Oil) Bath Power(W)||Temperature Control Range||Evaporation Rate(H2O)||Voltage||Lifing Height(mm)|
|RE-2000B||40||1500||RT-99 Temperature control accuracy ±1℃||≥1||220V 50/60HZ||0-140|
|Model||Rotating Motor(W)||Water(Oil) Bath Power(W)||Temperature Control Range|
|RE-2000B||40||1500||RT-99 Temperature control accuracy ±1℃|
Q: How to detect the lab scale rotary evaporator to check whether it is leaking?
- Use the flame of an alcohol lamp to get close to the position where there may be painful gas, and you can judge whether there is a gas leak by the direction of the flame.
- From the sensory aspect, listen to it, there will be a hissing sound when vacuuming, indicating that there is an air leak, so you can find the original head.
- Apply soapy water to each level, and the foamy water will produce bubbles when vacuuming.
Q: The pressure of the lab scale rotary evaporator cannot be increased, how to deal with it?
- Whether exhaust was carried out at the beginning of heating (if the vaporized substance is toxic, the outlet of the exhaust valve can be piped into water or other liquids).
- For those with a condensing device, check the cooling water flow and temperature.
- Whether the temperature setting of the water bath is too high.
Q: When using the lab scale rotary evaporator, the evaporation speed of the solution is slow, so that the efficiency process is greatly reduced. How to solve it?
- Check whether there is any problem with the vacuum pump and its joints, whether the seals of each part of the equipment are damaged and cause the vacuum to be too low. A good vacuum can effectively suppress the boiling of the aqueous solution and improve the efficiency of evaporation and condensation.
- You can add some alcohol to the solution to extract the water in the solution, which can effectively improve the efficiency. You can also add toluene to form an azeotrope, and then use a lab scale rotary evaporator to remove water.
- To reduce the temperature of the cooling water in the condensing system to below 0°C, it is recommended to use a low-temperature coolant circulation pump, which has a large cooling capacity and fast cooling speed. Using a low-temperature coolant circulation pump can solve this problem well.
- Reduce the amount of solution to be evaporated each time, which can be divided into several times, which can significantly improve the efficiency